International Graduate Placement Opportunity
Scotch AGS – “100-year Australian School” is looking for native English students in Education from the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand to join the 6-month International Graduate Placement packaged with accommodation and stipend payment.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To observe Primary/ Secondary/ High school subjects with regard to the Australian Curriculum framework
- To observe SACE subjects as the Year 10 cohort progresses to Year 11 (2023) and Year 12 (2024).
- To support subject teachers to prepare and submit programs each semester in line with school requirements.
- To support teaching, learning and assessment activities and feedback to students using the school’s Learning Management System.
Assessment and Reporting
- To support subject teachers to assess and report on student achievement in line with the Australian Curriculum Achievement Standard.
- To learn accurate and comprehensive records of student performance and achievement.
- To learn a variety of formative and summative assessment methods.
- To observe internal and external moderation processes.
Teaching and Learning
- To observe exemplary teaching practice.
- To observe a range of teaching and learning strategies, including but not limited to, direct instruction – whole class and small group, class discussions, group work, independent learning, practical activities.
- To observe formal parent-teacher meetings in accordance with the school parent-teacher meeting arrangements and schedule.
Safety and wellbeing
We care significantly for your safety. You must:
- Take reasonable care of, and cooperate with actions taken to protect, the health and safety of both yourself and others.
- Report all accidents, incidents and hazards as soon as is practicable.
- Adhere to School policies.
Key selection criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Final-year undergraduate of Bachelor of Education degree (or equivalent).
- Ability to work in Vietnam.
- Native English Speaker from US/ UK/ Australia/ New Zealand.
- Proficiency in use of technology for teaching, learning and assessment.
Key selection criteria: Personal Attributes
- A high degree of professional judgement and confidentiality.
- Organisational ability with demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in goal setting, prioritising work and managing multiple tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen and communicate effectively across all areas and levels of a school community.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and proven experience in creating solutions.
- Accommodation and stipend arrangements by Scotch-AGS.
- Opportunity to teach at the school after the placement.
- Student visa arrangement.
Conditions of employment
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Vietnam
- Applicants must satisfy relevant pre-employment screening and agree to adhere to the School Child Protection Policy
- Applicants must be prepared to work flexible hours to service the School’s activities, which at times, may include evening or weekend work
How to apply
Applicants must include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter – maximum 1 page
- CV or Resume – maximum 2 pages
- Copy of relevant qualifications and certificates
Applications can be submitted via email directly to the HR Department at: email@example.com