Graduate teacher program – Special offers of “2-year full time native english teachers & Scholarship for master of education from Top 1% universities”
Scotch AGS – “100-year Australian school” is looking for native English teachers from the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand to join the Graduate Teacher program including teaching at Scotch AGS and studying the Master of Education program granted by Western Sydney University, Australia under a 2-year fixed term contract.
Key Responsibility Areas
- To teach Primary/ Secondary/ High school subjects with regard to the Australian Curriculum framework.
- To teach SACE subjects as the Year 10 cohort progresses to Year 11 (2023) and Year 12 (2024).
- To prepare and submit programs each semester in line with school requirements.
- To communicate teaching, learning and assessment activities and feedback to students using the school’s Learning Management System.
- To develop programs which cater inclusively to all students, supporting those in need as well as those requiring extension.
- To work with other subject teachers to ensure consistency of program and assessment across year levels.
- Mathematics/ Science
- Digital Technologies
- Health and Physical Education
- Performing Arts
- Research Practices
- Humanities/ Business/ Accounting/ Economics
Assessment and Reporting
- To assess and report on student achievement in line with the Australian Curriculum Achievement Standard.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive records of student performance and achievement.
- To use a variety of formative and summative assessment methods.
- To provide relevant and meaningful feedback, regularly and promptly, to promote student learning.
- To provide parents/ caregivers with meaningful reports on student achievement.
- To participate in internal and external moderation processes.
Teaching and Learning
- To model exemplary teaching practice.
- To use a range of teaching and learning strategies, including but not limited to, direct instruction – whole class and small group, class discussions, group work, independent learning, practical activities.
- To conduct formal parent – teacher meetings in accordance with the school parent – teacher meeting arrangements and schedule.
- To actively seek and be involved in opportunities for your own professional learning.
- To participate in an annual appraisal process, which includes feedback from students.
- To contribute broadly to the activities offered by the School, including supporting and attending School community events and participating in promotional activities at the request of the site Principal.
- To attend all staff meetings.
- To undertake other duties as required.
- To demonstrate a commitment to professional learning in relation to the requirements of this role.
Safety and wellbeing
We care significantly for your safety. You must:
- Take reasonable care of, and cooperate with actions taken to protect, the health and safety of both yourself and others
- Report all accidents, incidents and hazards as soon as is practicable
- Adhere to School policies
Key selection criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Education degree (or equivalent).
- Valid teaching certification.
- Working experience in teaching at high school, senior secondary school or university.
- Ability to work in Vietnam.
- Native English Speaker from US/ UK/ Australia/ New Zealand.
- Proficiency in use of technology for teaching, learning and assessment.
- Highly Desirable: Experience in teaching the Australian Curriculum and/or SACE or teaching in another Australian senior secondary program.
Key selection criteria: Personal Attributes
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, students and parents from diverse backgrounds.
- A high degree of professional judgement and confidentiality.
- Superior organisational ability with demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in goal setting, prioritising work and managing multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to listen and communicate effectively across all areas and levels of a school community.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and proven experience in creating solutions.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills when communicating in English.
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful applicants in accordance with applicants’ qualifications and experience.
- Accommodation allowances and relocation allowances (start and end of contract flights) provided.
- Private health insurance.
- Visa, Work permit and Temporary residence card sponsored and conducted by Scotch AGS.
- Scholarship program for Master of Education degree granted by Western Sydney University, Australia
- Tuition discount or waiver for dependent children.
- Non-contact time for planning and marking.
- Professional development opportunities will be available.
Conditions of employment
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Vietnam.
- Applicants must satisfy relevant pre-employment screening and agree to adhere to the School Child Protection Policy.
- Applicants must be prepared to work flexible hours to service the School’s activities, which at times, may include evening or weekend work.
How to apply
Applicants must include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter – maximum 1 page
- CV/Resume – maximum 2 pages, containing professional references (one must be most recent employer). Please ensure your CV clearly states the education qualification(s) you hold, and the issuing institution, e.g., Bachelor of Education (Science), University of South Australia.
- Copy of relevant qualifications and certificates – e.g., university degree, teaching licence or other documents as relevant to the role for which you are applying.
Applications can be submitted via email directly to the HR Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org